homes in france
hello my friends,
here i am
waves crashing with speckles of dancers in their white curls
weathered tempered homes of elderly stones freckling mazes of mediteranian
my mother and i are in the sun again, in the south of france
its a time to spent together, a vaction, but also not
my mother is looking for a home here - drastic changes are in the air.
the wind has come, and to its call, little thought is placed; the wind guides us, movement beggets direction, direction preceeds reflection.
from these shores a wave is sweeping across my life, and the life of my mother. amsterdam is rapidly becoming a place of different perspectives. by next year neither myself or my mother will be calling it 'home' any longer.
with any change comes nostalgia, fears and the excitement of the unknown; magical little experiences along each day that are unleached from the bounds of the routine. guides, miracles, distractions, trials and triumps.
change brings growth, i becon this manifestation; and pray that change will not preceed regression. evolution, becoming - this is every person's calling; to become more than they once were - through experience we are; and never are what we once were - and yet we all still are (if you can read this, you exsist).
personally ive been pilling on new trials of self disciplin; in parallel to each other and other developments in my life. its interesting to note that if you try and accomplish too many changes in parallel you run the risk of messing up on one routine of disciplin; which can cascade instantly and make you fail on other trials of self disciplin... the challenge is to not only limit how fast you try and make the self grow/change; but also in the seperation of different levels of growth from each other... its all too easy to fail at one thing and then give up defacto on others in that same instant - at least, i can observe this potential.
as this year continues, the year which i themed the year of 'love'; back in december 2006, i can observe a whole string of different perspectives, questions and self-trials that have occured - as i quest to obtain an even deeper understanding of the nature of the matter.
i'm nearly done with ken wilbers book, and i can really say that the ideas here have made my underestanding move beyond previous levels of understanding so rapidly - i'm already at a point now where i feel that i am 'beyond' permaculture. beyond in the sense that i can see how system thinking fits into an even larger realm of integral psychology/philosophy. none of this is going to alter my ideal to get certified as a Permaculture Instructor - i decided a few weeks ago to take such a course in Portland in 2008; if anything, this even larger view integrates things even further into the realms of value-systems.
This all ties into my philosophy project; ive completed a rough mind-map of all my ideas - its looking very likely that i will complete my chapter (card/deck) outline by the end of 2007; right on schedule.
other news: phillip pullmans: 'his dark materials': book 1: 'the golden compass' movie is coming out in december! im sooo excited! magically i have a press pass!
some other goals for 2008 include:
* massage cert. (at least 50% completed)
* permaculture teach trainer cert.
* horticultural software alpha
* book/card book idea developed
* native american focus (for burning man 2008 and/or by visiting a retreat in oregon/washington)
* new music live set completed in 2008 for nez live performances in 2008/2009
* at least 1 gallery expo in 2008 of my artwork in parrallel to attempts in portland to situate my art as a parallel focus (music is no longer my #1 focus and now holds place in parallel with 'art')
* develop new art ideas relatd to expo (traditional, photographic, installations and multimedia [audio-video] interactive displays)
* get an eco job; or a job i beleive in (only do what you believe)
* develop my lecture topic for BM08; probably related to my deck/book idea.
* add lighting techniques to my photography skills/knowledge so i can start making my own photosessions for artwork (live model/fashion integration)
* save enough money in 2008 to meet my personal savings/year target so that i can eventually buy land (at an as yet unknown future sapce time-location)
this might seem a lot for 2008; but i'm sure i can achieve at least 80% of these goals; that seems to be my general trend.
more to follow on my years theme of love at year end, plus a 'best of' 2007 review concerning music, ideas, art i have seen.
from the surfing lands of southern france, i toast my croissant to you.